It is wonderful experiance to work with android sdk and it is straight forward to get it working.
– Install Eclipse : http://www.eclipse.org/downloads/ (A Java or RCP version of Eclipse is recommended.)
– Download android SDK to a particular location
– Create a .bash_profile under your home directory (if not existing) with :
– Start eclipse and go to Help > Software Updates > Add Site
Enter the url : https://dl-ssl.google.com/android/eclipse/
and click finish. now you will be able to see the Developer tool listed
– Select and install the Developer tools from the same window.
– Restart eclipse.
– Connect your phone and test running your application.