This is a working procedure to root and install google play Amazon Kindle HD 10″ (8.1.4).
Root Kindle Fire HD,
I followed the procedure described in here http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1886460
- Download Root_with_Restore_by_Bin4ry_v18 from http://uploaded.net/file/0fpyh5c5
- Extract the 7zip file and execute RunMe.sh (if you using MAC/Linux)
Select the option 1) Normal
- Now your device is root’d, you may verify :
sh-3.2$ ./adb shell
shell@android:/ $ su
shell@android:/ # cd /
shell@android:/ # ls
- Reboot and do the installation for google play store
Install google play store
- Open ES File Explorer, go to settings, Root settings , and select Root Explorer, Upto Root, and Mount File system.
- Download the GoogleServicesFramework.apk Vending.apk and Play.apk and copy to your sdcard.
GoogleServicesFramework.apk – mediafire.com/?zaumfwhraxcifqf
Vending.apk – mediafire.com/?31bn3e258jjpj8d
Play.apk – mediafire.com/?wwcqrlfwt8o1gnv
Please follow the below steps in order to get it working.
– Open ES file explorer, click and install GoogleServicesFramework.apk
– Then move the Vending.apk to /system/app
– Change the permission to 644 (User – Read/Write, Group/Others – Read)
– Now click and install Vending.apk
– You can see android market installed on your kindle, open it and do the google account registration. It is important that you do this step before installing Play.apk
– Once the registration is successful, click and install Play.apk from the sdcard.
– Now you will have a working play store , enjoy:)
- While rooting, I was not able to execute the adb under stuff folder, replace the adb with the one come with Android SDK.
- I got “google play has stopped” messages while opening google play . To fix it . 1) Make sure that you copied the Vending.apk to the correct path /system/app and the permissions are correct. 2) Do the google account registration before installing Play.apk